vendredi 18 mars 2011

On the road again...

After Mapi in the North, come and discover the new adventures of Mapi in the south... Will she melt under the powerful heat of West Africa???
At least the humidity from Ireland will be respected, 2seasons of rain, almost half of the year under heavy rain...She's not going to be disturbed by this change... She won't miss the nice and humid drops on her skin... Even better, those drops, probably warmer than the frozen irish one, will be accompanied by a hot wind... Nothing to complain about..natural hot showers..
Anyway, ignore this brief and stupid dissertation about rain, I'm now on my way to Accra, seating in the wonderful Amsterdam Schipol Airport (I love that place, maybe I should actually stop my travels there), where anyone should consider to transit through one day. They have a beautiful lounge with cosy, bouncy chairs and couches, by fake fireplaces, a piano where anyone can relax his fingers, a free and public library, a forest for kids, a massage zone... Not to miss.

On the way to Accra, no time difference with Ireland by the way..
I will be landing tonight, Friday 18th of March and will be picked up by a man in a white shirt over black/blue trousers (if i'm gone missing, you'll know where to look for first ;-))), someone from the hostel where I'll be staying for first few days, before finding our own accommodation.

In the next few days, I will take my time to discover the city, walk around, find my way through the transport, get used to the heat and heavy humidity, find the markets, relax in the garden of the hostel, cook some delicious food with cassava, yam, okra, taste the probable delicious mangos and avocados, meet all the organisations which work for the women's rights or sustainable development.
Plenty of time, of new experiences, new sounds, smells, tastes..

What else can I ask from this life???? Can't wait..

Talk to you soon enough with real emotions, impressions and feelings about the place
Ciao

1 commentaire:

  1. I'm so happy that you arrived safe and I'm looking forward to part of your journey and see how you're getting on in the south. Take very good care of yourself. Love. Ferko

    RépondreSupprimer